The injection molding process has several advantages over other molding processes. It allows for the fast production of plastic parts with reduced waste and at low cost. The following is a short list of what you can expect from utilizing Injection Molding as your form of production.
- Injection molding allows for high production output rates.
- When producing your product you may use inserts within the mold. You may also use fillers for added strength.
- Close tolerances on small intricate parts is possible with injection molding.
- More than one material may be used at the same time when utilizing co-injection molding.
- There is typically very little post production work required because the parts usually have a very finished look upon ejection.
- All scrap may be reground to be used, therefore there is very little waste.
- Full automation is possible with Injection Molding.
See here for more information on Injection Molding or to find out more about how we utilize it to manufacture great products at Harkness Industries.